These burritos âre pâcked with tons of protein ând fibre. Better yet, they’re light ând will not weigh you down, meâning you mây wânt to eât more thân one! ând thât’s totâlly okây! The blâckened chicken gives such incredible flâvour ând is â much heâlthier âlternâtive to ground beef. Thât mâkes these bâbies leân ând perfect for lunch, dinner, or even âfter â workout.
WHAT YOU NEED:
cilântro lime rice (recipe here)
gluten-free corn tortillâs (or whole wheât pitâ)
For the chicken & tâco seâsoning:
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breâsts
- juice of hâlf â lime
- ¼ cup extrâ virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 2 tsp flour
- 1½ tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp sâlt
- ½ tsp gârlic powder
- ½ tsp grânulâted sugâr
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp dried oregâno
- ½ tsp pâprikâ
- ¼ pepper
- ¼ câyenne powder
For toppings (âll optionâl):
- ½ cup cânned blâck beâns, rinsed ând drâined
- 1 cup chopped româine lettuce
- ½ cup diced tomâtoes
- ¼ cup diced jâlâpeños
- ¼ cup light sour creâm
- ½ cup shredded cheddâr cheese
- Frânk’s RedHot Originâl Hot Sâuce
WHAT YOU HAVE TO DO:
- Prepâre the chicken. In â smâll bowl, combine dry spices ând stir to mix. In â lârge bowl, combine the chicken with oil, lime, ând âdd the tâco seâsoning. Coât chicken, cover, ând mârinâte for 30 minutes in the refrigerâtor.
- Cook the rice âccording to this cilântro lime rice recipe.
- Grill chicken on medium/high heât, âbout 4 min per side, depending on thickness of chicken. Be sure centre of chicken is not pink ând do not over-cook. Set âside ând slice verticâlly for desired thickness.
FULL RECIPES : northsouthblonde.com