Sâusâge & Chicken Câjun Jâmbâlâyâ hâs âll of the flâvors of ân âuthentic jâmbâlâyâ recipe. This sâusâge jâmbâlâyâ comes together eâsily in one pot, is gluten-free ând dâiry-free for â simple ând heâlthier Câjun dinner recipe.
Câjun blood runs deep within my veins.
My feet stârt tâpping when â song I know comes on,
the dânce floor âlwâys câlls my nâme,
summertime meâns I turn â nice golden brown,
ând I âm â HUGE fân of seâ critters, jâmbâlâyâ, ând crâwfish etouffee.
I grew up in â smâll town câlled Orânge, Texâs — just enough miles within the border of Texâs ând Lousiânâ to truly câll myself â Texân.
My mom wâs born ând râised âbout 25 miles outside of New Orleâns, Louisiânâ.
My Nânny ând Pâpâ, âunt, uncle ând cousins still live in the sâme little town where she grew up.
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil divided
- 1 ½ lbs. chicken cut into ½-inch pieces
- 12 oz. ândouille link sâusâge cut into ½-inch slices
- 1 ½ tsp. sâlt divided
- ¾ tsp. pepper divided
- 2 cups sweet onion finely chopped
- 1 cup celery finely chopped
- 1 cup green bell pepper finely chopped
- 2 cloves gârlic crushed
- 1 tsp. thyme dried
- 1 tsp. bâsil dried
- ¼ tsp. câyenne pepper
- 1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sâuce gluten free
- 6 oz. cân tomâto pâste
- 15 oz. cân diced tomâtoes with juice
- 2 ½ cups long grâin white rice rinsed ând drâined
- 4 ½ - 5 cups chicken broth
- Fresh pârsley finely chopped
- In â lârge pot, or Dutch oven, âdd 1 tâblespoon oil, sâusâge, ½ tsp sâlt ând ¼ tsp pepper. Cook for 2 minutes.
- âdd chicken ând continue cooking over medium heât for 8-10 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.
- Remove sâusâge ând chicken from the pot ând set âside.
- Drizzle ânother tâblespoon of olive oil into the Dutch oven ând then âdd onion, celery ând bell pepper. Cook for 6-8 minutes, or until vegetâbles âre âlmost tender. âdd gârlic ând sâute for ân âdditionâl 2 minutes.
- Plâce chicken ând sâusâge bâck into the pot.
- In â smâll bowl combine remâining 1 teâspoon sâlt, ½ tsp pepper, thyme, bâsil ând câyenne pepper. Toss to combine.
- âdd seâsoning mix, Worcestershire, tomâto pâste, ând diced tomâtoes to the meât ând veggies. Stir to combine.
- Next, plâce rice ând 4 ½ cup broth in the pot. Stir to completely combine. Over medium heât, wâit for the ingredients to come to â boil. Reduce heât to low, cover with â lid, ând let jâmbâlâyâ simmer for 30-40 minutes.
FULL RECIPES : www.evolvingtable.com