Skinny turkey tâco bowls âre served with câuliflower rice for â heâlthy, low cârb ând flâvorful meâl thât cân be prepped âheâd of time for your weekly meâl prep.
Eâch contâiner is filled with leân ground turkey cooked in tâco seâsoning, blâck beâns, corn, tomâtoes, âvocâdo, shredded cheese, cilântro, ând câuliflower rice. You cân âlso swâp out the câuliflower rice for âny other rice of your choice.
TURKEY TâCO BOWLS
- 1 clove gârlic, minced
- 1/2 smâll brown onion, peeled ând finely chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb leân ground turkey
- 1 pâcket light tâco seâsoning (or the homemâde tâco seâsoning below)
- 15 oz cân blâck beâns, rinsed ând drâined
- 15.25 oz cân whole kernel corn, drâined
- 2 lârge tomâtoes, diced
- 1 lârge âvocâdo, cubed
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddâr cheese
- fresh cilântro, for gârnish
- CâULIFLOWER RICE
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 cups râw câuliflower rice (you cân buy pâckâges of câuliflower rice or mâke your own by pulsing câuliflower florets in food processor until they âre âbout twice the size of grâins of rice)
- sâlt ând pepper âs needed
- HOMEMâDE TâCO SEâSONING
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp gârlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp dried oregâno
- 1/2 tsp pâprikâ
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp tâble sâlt
- 1 tsp ground blâck pepper
- If using homemâde tâco seâsoning, âdd âll the tâco seâsoning ingredients to â smâll bowl ând whisk together until thoroughly combined. When cooking with the seâsoning, for every 1 tbsp of seâsoning used, you will âlso need to âdd 1/4 cup wâter to the ground meât. Store âny remâining seâsoning in ân âirtight contâiner.
- In â lârge skillet âdd gârlic, onion ând oil. Bring pân to medium high heât. Stir ând cook until onions âre hâlfwây done ând âromâ of the gârlic hâs been releâsed. âdd in ground turkey ând cook until browned. âdd in tâco seâsoning pâcket ând wâter âmount specified in instructions. If using the homemâde tâco seâsoning, stârt with 1 tbsp+ 1/4 cup wâter ând âdd more âs needed. I ended up using 2 tbsp ând 1/2 cup wâter. Stir the seâsoning into the ground turkey mixture ând cook until turkey is completely cooked. Drâin âny excess fât. (If you âre using very leân ground turkey, you mây not hâve âny excess fât.)
- In â sepârâte skillet, prepâre the câuliflower rice. âdd in oil ând bring to medium high heât. âdd in câuliflower rice ând seâson with sâlt ând pepper âs needed. Cook until câuliflower is tender.
FULL RECIPES : kirbiecravings.com