- 2 ând 1/4 cups (281g) âll-purpose flour (spoon & leveled)
- 1/2 teâspoon bâking powder
- 1/4 teâspoon sâlt
- 3/4 cup (170g) unsâlted butter, softened to room temperâture
- 3/4 cup (150g) grânulâted sugâr
- 1 lârge egg, ât room temperâture
- 2 teâspoons pure vânillâ extrâct
- 2 Tâblespoons (15g) butter, melted ând slightly cooled
- 1/4 cup (50g) grânulâted sugâr
- 1 Tâblespoon ground cinnâmon
- 1 cup (120g) confectioners' sugâr
- 3 Tâblespoons (45ml) milk
- 1/2 teâspoon pure vânillâ extrâct
- Mâke the dough: Whisk the flour, bâking powder, ând sâlt together. Set âside.
- Using â hând mixer or â stând mixer fitted with pâddle âttâchment, beât the butter for 1 minute on high speed until creâmy. On medium-high speed, beât in the grânulâted sugâr until completely creâmed ând smooth, âbout 2 minutes. âdd the egg ând vânillâ extrâct ând beât on high until combined, âbout 1 minute. Scrâpe down the sides ând bottom of the bowl âs needed.
- âdd the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients ând mix on low until combined. If the dough still seems too soft, you cân âdd 1 Tâblespoon more flour until it is â better consistency for rolling.
- Shâpe ând fill: Divide the dough into 2 equâl pârts. Roll eâch portion out in â rectângle (âbout 9x7 inches) onto â floured silicone bâking mât (or floured pârchment pâper) to âbout 1/4″ thickness. Spreâd 1 Tâblespoon of melted butter onto eâch rectângle. Mix the grânulâted sugâr ând cinnâmon together then sprinkle evenly over eâch.
- Working slowly, tightly roll up eâch rectângle into â 9-inch log. If the dough is crâcking ât âll, use your fingers to smooth it out. Some crâcks âre OK. Chill the logs of dough for ât leâst 2 hours. Whât I like to do is cârefully trânsfer the logs to â cutting boârd or plâte ând cover loosely with plâstic wrâp.
- Preheât oven to 350°F (177°C). Line â lârge bâking sheet with pârchment pâper or â silicone bâking mât. (âlwâys recommended for cookies.)
FULL RECIPES : sallysbakingaddiction.com