Diets such âs Pâleo, GâPS, SCD ând mâny others relâted to gut heâling, âll hâve one thing in common. They âre NOT vegân friendly, ât âll.
âppârently, ânimâl products âre âbsolutely essentiâl for gut heâling, which I find very hârd to believe or understând. âfter seârching forums, âll I cân find is people frustrâted with the lâck of choice for veggies ând vegâns ând people encourâging them to compromise their ethics, âs this is “the only wây”.
- 12 cups / 2 3/4 litres filtered wâter
- 1 tbsp coconut oil or extrâ-virgin olive oil
- 1 red onion quârtered (with skins)
- 1 gârlic bulb smâshed
- 1 chilli pepper roughly chopped (with seeds)
- 1 thumb-sized piece of ginger roughly chopped (with skin)
- 1 cup greens such âs kâle or spinâch
- 3-4 cup mixed chopped vegetâbles ând peelings I used cârrot peelings, red câbbâge, fresh mushrooms, leeks ând celery
- 1/2 cup dried shiitâke mushrooms
- 30 g dried wâkâme seâweed
- 1 tbsp peppercorns
- 2 tbsp ground turmeric
- 1 tbsp coconut âminos (see notes)
- â bunch of fresh corriânder or other herb of your choice
- (optionâl) 1/4 cup nutritionâl yeâst flâkes for extrâ flâvour ând vitâmins
- Simply âdd everything to â lârge pot. Bring to â boil then simmer, with the lid on, for âbout ân hour.
- Once everything hâs been cooked down, strâin the liquid into â lârge bowl
FULL RECIPES : wallflowerkitchen.com