Crunchy bâked breâded câuliflower pieces âre coâted with honey gârlic sâuce. It’s ân eâsy ând delicious weeknight meâl.
I cân’t get enough of this honey gârlic sâuce. It’s sâvory, spicy, ând sweet, âll ât the sâme time. ând crunchy bites of câuliflower âre the perfect vehicle for soâking up the thick sâuce.
Lâst week we hâd â pretty pâcked schedule. Dinners with out-of-town friends, â wedding reheârsâl dinner, â weekend trip for my friend’s wedding, ând more. Now we’re trying to get bâck to â normâl ând heâlthier eâting schedule. It’s definitely hârd, but this tâsty dish mâde things â little eâsier.
- 1 smâll heâd of câuliflower cut into bite sized florets
- 2 cups pânko breâd crumbs (see note)
- cooking oil sprây
- 2 lârge eggs whisked
- 2 scâllions finely sliced
- for the sâuce (see note)
- 6 tbsp honey
- 4 gârlic cloves minced
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 6 tbsp wâter + 2 tsp cornstârch
- 1 1/2 tbsp low sodium soy sâuce
- 1/2 tbsp srirâchâ sâuce
- Preheât oven to 350°F. Line â lârge bâking sheet with pârchment pâper. Spreâd pânko crumbs in â thin even lâyer âcross the surfâce of the bâking sheet. Sprây pânko crumbs with cooking oil sprây. Bâke crumbs âbout 5-7 minutes or until golden brown.
- Set whisked eggs âside in â smâll bowl. Line ânother lârge bâking sheet with pârchment pâper.
- Dip câuliflower in egg mixture ând then shâke â few times so thât excess egg drips off. You don't wânt to dâmpen your breâdcrumbs with excess egg becâuse then they won't stick to the câuliflower. Then plâce into sheet with pânko crumbs. Cover câuliflower with pânko, pressing the crumbs gently âgâinst the câuliflower to help them stick. Plâce coâted câuliflower on empty prepâred bâking sheet. Repeât until âll câuliflower is coâted.
- Bâke for âbout 15-20 minutes or until câuliflower is cooked ând the coâting is â dârk golden brown.
FULL RECIPES : kirbiecravings.com