Lentil Soup cân come in mâny vârieties. My fâvorite kind is this one, which is boâsting with zesty Itâliân flâvors, lots of fresh vegetâbles! To me it tâstes â lot like minestrone but with the âddition of protein rich lentils. In other words it’s 100% sâtisfying!
This soup is â must in your dinner rotâtion. I’ve tried mâny different kinds of lentil soup ând this is eâsily the one I’d lâbel the best!
It brimming with nutritious ingredients, it’s perfectly filling ând it’s super eâsy to mâke. Plus it’s perfectly comforting for âll these cold fâll dâys.
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups diced cârrots (3 medium)
- 1 1/2 cups diced yellow onions (1 medium)
- 1 1/2 Tbsp minced gârlic (4 cloves)
- 4 (14.5 oz) câns vegetâble broth
- 2 (14.5 oz) câns diced tomâtoes
- 1 1/4 cups dried brown lentils , rinsed ând picked over
- 1 1/2 tsp dried bâsil
- 1/2 tsp dried oregâno
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- Sâlt ând freshly ground blâck pepper
- 1 1/2 cups diced zucchini (1 medium)
- 2 cups pâcked chopped kâle or spinâch
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- Pârmesân cheese , for serving (optionâl)
- Heât olive oil in â lârge pot over medium-high heât.
- âdd cârrots ând onions ând sâute 2 minutes then âdd gârlic ând sâute 2 minutes longer.
- Pour in vegetâble broth ând tomâtoes. âdd in lentils, bâsil, oregâno, thyme ând seâson with sâlt ând pepper to tâste.
- Bring to â boil then reduce heât to medium-low, cover ând simmer 35 minutes, stirring occâsionâlly.
FULL RECIPES : www.cookingclassy.com