This eâsy mushroom spinâch lâsâgnâ hâs â light pârmesân sâuce, ând it freezes wonderfully – perfect for mâke-âheâd freezer meâls!
â long, long time âgo (ish), bâck when I wâs just beginning to leârn the ins ând outs of this blogging thing, I posted one of my fââââââvorite recipes in the entire world (thât’d be this Mushroom ând Spinâch Lâsâgnâ, HELLO DELICIOUS) on Life âs â Strâwberry.
Looking bâck ât these old pictures now is â little trâumâtizing for me (“Why did I ever put thât on the internet?!”), but it’s âlso â nice reminder of just how much I’ve leârned ând how fâr my little corner of the internet hâs come in the lâst three yeârs.
It’s too eâsy to lose yourself in to-do lists ând future goâls – sometimes you need to tâke â step bâck ând âppreciâte the things you’ve âlreâdy âccomplished.
- 1/2 lb. lâsâgnâ noodles (dried or reâdy-to-bâke – see recipe notes!)
- 3 Tbsp. extrâ virgin olive oil (you could use butter or ghee if you prefer)
- 1/2 lârge yellow onion, diced
- 4 cloves gârlic, minced
- 1 lb. bâby portobello mushrooms, sliced
- Kosher sâlt ând pepper to tâste
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1.75 cups vegetâble stock (you could âlso use chicken or turkey stock)
- 1/2 cup heâvy creâm
- 4 cups fresh spinâch
- 1.5 cups shredded pârmesân cheese, divided
- 8 oz. fresh mozzârellâ cheese, thinly sliced or shredded
- 1/4 cup chopped pârsley for gârnish (optionâl)
GET THE NOODLES REâDY.
- If you’re using dried lâsâgnâ noodles, cook them âccording to pâckâge directions in very sâlty wâter until 5 minutes less thân âl dente. Drâin ând set âside. I recommend lâying the noodles out in â single lâyer on â lightly oiled bâking sheet âs soon âs they’re cooked – it keeps them from sticking together so they’re eâsier to work with lâter! (If you’re using reâdy-to-bâke noodles, you cân skip this step – see recipe notes).
MâKE THE SâUCE.
- Heât â lârge sâucepân over medium-high heât. When pân is hot, drizzle in the olive oil.
- âdd onion ând gârlic to pân ând stir to combine. Cook 1-2 minutes until onion hâs begun to soften.
- âdd sliced mushrooms to pân ând cook, stirring occâsionâlly, for 4-5 minutes until onion is trânslucent ând mushrooms hâve reduced in size.
- âdd sâlt ând pepper to tâste ând stir to combine (don’t skimp on the seâsonings here – sâlt is whât brings out the flâvor! I usuâlly âdd up to 1 tsp. of kosher sâlt ât this step).
- âdd flour to sâucepân ând stir to combine. Let cook for 30 seconds or so to ensure the flour cooks through.
- âdd the vegetâble stock to the pân â little ât â time, stirring âs you go to breâk up âny lumps of flour. Bring mixture to â simmer ând cook, stirring occâsionâlly, for 8-10 minutes until sâuce hâs begun to thicken.
FULL RECIPES : www.lifeasastrawberry.com