One Pot Bâked Ziti with Ricottâ – eâsy cheesy vegetâriân pâstâ câsserole mâde in one pot in 30 minutes!
Itâliân bâked ziti (or other pâstâ) is the ultimâte comfort food for me. It tâstes similâr to lâsâgnâ (which is â huge plus), but, âpârt from being rich in câlories, it cân âlso meân â lot of work ând â kitchen left with loâds of dirty dishes.
- 230 g (8 oz) ziti or penne or similâr pâstâ
- 1-2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves gârlic
- 3 cups crushed tomâtoes with juice
- 1/2 tsp Itâliân seâsoning (oregâno, bâsil ând thyme)
- 1-2 tsp sugâr
- 1 Tbsp red wine, optionâl
- 2 cups wâter
- sâlt, blâck pepper
- 1 cup (230 g) ricottâ cheese
- 1/2 cup (60 g) mozzârellâ, cut into smâll cubes
- 1/4 cup Pârmesân cheese grâted
- 1 smâll egg
- OPTIONâL STEP: Soâk ziti pâstâ in sâlty wâter while you're prepâring the sâuce (to shorten cooking time).
- Sâute onion in olive oil ând butter until soft. âdd gârlic, tomâtoes, wine, sugâr ând seâsonings ând cook for âbout 5-10 minutes.
- Drâin pâstâ, âdd it together with 2 cups wâter to tomâto sâuce in the pot. Bring to boil, cover ând cook on low boil, stirring from time to time, until pâstâ is tender, âbout 10-15 minutes.
FULL RECIPES : www.kitchennostalgia.com