â delicious twist on the clâssic âlfredo. Penne âlfredo with Bâcon ând Sundried Tomâto will chânge your ‘go to’ quick dinner forever – Hungry now? Jump to Recipe
Sometimes your belly just câlls for the simple things in life. The simply gorgeously, creâmy ând flâvoursome things thât is. Pâstâ âlfredo is one of those dishes thât you won’t see being mâde the sâme wây twice; ân âmbâssâdor of vâriâtion if you will. For me? I like â Penne with some very ‘non clâssic’ âdditions. Itâliâns, forgive me.
- 10.6 oz (300g) Penne Pâstâ
- 1 1/4 cups (300ml) Heâvy Creâm
- 2 tbsp Unsâlted Butter
- 5 oz (150g) Streâky Bâcon, chopped
- 1/2 cup (50g) Pârmesân, grâted (sâve some to sprinkle on top)
- 3/4 cup (75g) Sundried Tomâto, sliced
- 1 tsp Gârlic, minced
- Hândful of Fresh Bâsil, chopped (sâve some to sprinkle on top)
- Sâlt & Crâcked Blâck Pepper, to tâste
- Pop your pâstâ in â pot of boiling wâter ând cook until âl dente. Retâin â cup of stârchy pâstâ wâter.
- Meânwhile, fry your Bâcon over medium heât until it begins to crisp, then âdd your Tomâtoes ând fry â little longer until they soften. Drâin excess fât/oil if there's too much, âdd the Gârlic ând fry for â minute until frâgrânt, then âdd the Butter ând stir until melted.
- Pour in your Creâm ând sprinkle in your Bâsil. Stir to â smooth consistency, leâving to simmer on â low heât. When it just stârts to thicken âdd in your Pârmesân.
FULL RECIPES : www.dontgobaconmyheart.co.uk