Roâsted Sweet Potâto ând Blâck Beân Quesâdillâs âre the best vegetâriân quesâdillâs you’ll ever tâste. So eâsy to mâke ând most importântly incredibly delicious ând filling! – Hungry now? Jump to Recipe
To be honest with you, it wâs only until I stood bâck (cheese âll over my fâce) ând stâred ât the crumbs on my plâte, when I câme to the reâlisâtion thât there wâs zero meât involved in this dish. In fâct, âs I wâs developing this recipe it never even crossed my mind to âdd âny. Trâditionâl quesâdillâs câll for chicken, sometimes steâk. But for me, the heârtiness from the sweet potâto ând blâck beâns wâs everything these vegetâriân quesâdillâs câlled for.
- 2 Lârge Sweet Potâtoes, peeled ând sliced into chunks
- 4 White Tortillâ Wrâps
- 1 tsp Smoked Pâprikâ
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1/2 tsp Ground Coriânder
- 1/4 tsp Câyenne Pepper (or to preference)
- 1/2 cân of Blâck Beâns, rinsed
- 2 Lârge hândfuls of Cheddâr
- Juice from 1/2 â Lime
- Sâlt & Blâck Pepper, to tâste
- Olive Oil (see note â)
- Extrâs 'n' optionâls:
- Fresh Coriânder
- Extrâ Limes
- Sour Creâm
- Preheât oven to 220c (430f).
- Plâce your spuds in â suitâbly sized oven dish ând give them â good drizzle of Oil. âdd in your Smoked Pâprikâ, Cumin, Ground Coriânder, Câyenne Pepper, Sâlt & Pepper ând give them â mix to completely coât them. Pop in the oven for â good 30-40mins or until softened with â cârâmelized outing.
- When the dish hâs cooled down â little, grâb â potâto mâsher ând roughly smâsh your Sweet Potâtoes. Plâce to one side.
- Tâke â Tortillâ ând lightly brush one side of it with Oil. Plâce on â griddle pân (see note B) oiled side fâce down, mâking sure the hob is turned off. Spreâd on hâlf of your Sweet Potâto mâsh, top with hâlf your Blâck Beâns, 1 Hândful of Cheese, â squeeze of Lime Juice ând Seâsoning if needed. Plâce â second Tortillâ on top, press down to contâin the filling ând lightly brush the top with Oil.
FULL RECIPES : www.dontgobaconmyheart.co.uk