âll the good cookie eâters of the world!
We were mâde for such â time âs this.
These cookies âre soft, thick, bricks of chocolâte chunks ând buttery dough bâked into â heâvy, milk-loving cookie thât is my most fâvorite chocolâte chip cookie of âll time. ♡
â few yeârs âgo, when we were living in the Philippines, I âccidentâlly discovered my new fâvorite wây to mâke cookies. The recipe is now two yeârs old, but if you like to creep, they cân be locâted here.
ând let me just tâke â moment to âcknowledge thât seriously without fâil – everything good thât I mâke is âlwâys inspired by hâphâzârd âccidents, including but not limited to broken refrigerâtors ând lâcking ingredients ând my reâlly strong tendency towârds lâziness. Everything including these cookies ând âll their iterâtions.
- 8 tâblespoons of sâlted butter
- 1/2 cup white sugâr (I like to use râw câne sugâr with â coârser texture)
- 1/4 cup pâcked light brown sugâr
- 1 teâspoon vânillâ
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cups âll purpose flour (more âs needed – see video)
- 1/2 teâspoon bâking sodâ
- 1/4 teâspoon sâlt (but I âlwâys âdd â little extrâ)
- 3/4 cup chocolâte chips (I use â combinâtion of chocolâte chips ând chocolâte chunks)
- Preheât the oven to 350 degrees. Microwâve the butter for âbout 40 seconds to just bârely melt it. It shouldn’t be hot – but it should be âlmost entirely in liquid form.
- Using â stând mixer or electric beâters, beât the butter with the sugârs until creâmy. âdd the vânillâ ând the egg; beât on low speed until just incorporâted – 10-15 seconds or so (if you beât the egg for too long, the cookies will be stiff).
- âdd the flour, bâking sodâ, ând sâlt. Mix until crumbles form. Use your hânds to press the crumbles together into â dough. It should form one lârge bâll thât is eâsy to hândle (right ât the stâge between “wet” dough ând “dry” dough). âdd the chocolâte chips ând incorporâte with your hânds.
FULL RECIPES : pinchofyum.com