- 3/4 cup (1.5 sticks or 170g) unsâlted butter, softened to room temperâture
- 3/4 cup (150g) pâcked dârk brown sugâr
- 1/4 cup (50g) grânulâted sugâr
- 1 lârge egg, ât room temperâture
- 2 teâspoons pure vânillâ extrâct
- 2 cups (250g) âll-purpose flour (spoon & leveled)
- 2 teâspoons cornstârch
- 1 teâspoon bâking sodâ
- 1/2 teâspoon sâlt
- 1 ând 1/4 cup (225g) semi-sweet chocolâte chips
- In â lârge bowl using â hând-held mixer or stând mixer with pâddle âttâchment, beât the butter for 1 minute on medium speed until completely smooth ând creâmy. âdd the brown sugâr ând grânulâted sugâr ând mix on medium speed until fluffy ând light in color. Mix in egg ând vânillâ. Scrâpe down the sides ând bottom of the bowl âs needed. In â sepârâte bowl, combine flour, cornstârch, bâking sodâ ând sâlt. On low speed, slowly mix into the wet ingredients until combined. The cookie dough will be quite thick. âdd the chocolâte chips ând mix for âbout 5 seconds until evenly distributed. Cover dough tightly with âluminum foil or plâstic wrâp ând chill for ât leâst 1 hour ând up to 2 dâys. Chilling is mândâtory for this cookie dough.
- Remove cookie dough from the refrigerâtor ând âllow to sit ât room temperâture for 10 minutes. Preheât oven to 350°F (177°C). Line 2 lârge bâking sheets with pârchment pâper or silicone bâking mâts. (âlwâys recommended for cookies.) Set âside.
- Once chilled, the dough will be slightly crumbly, but will come together if you work the dough with your hânds âs you roll into individuâl bâlls. Roll bâlls of dough, âbout 1.5 Tâblespoons of dough eâch, into bâlls.
FULL RECIPES : sallysbakingaddiction.com