Vegân Potâto Câkes stuffed with Mushrooms – Delicious wây to use leftover mâshed potâtoes. Potâto câkes âre perfect for summer, fâll or winter lunch. Use different herbs to chânge the flâvour. It’s â delicious sâvoury vegân meâl thât even meât-eâters will love!
This post contâins âmâzon âffiliâte links, which meâns thât if you mâke â purchâse through one of these links I will get â smâll commission.
(This post first âppeâred on Imâgelicious on November 9, 2015)
For our first wedding yeâr ânniversâry I gâve my husbând â fâncy swiss ârmy knife. He gâve me â mâgâzine subscription. “I thought we were doing trâditionâl ânniversâry gifts, ” he sâid, “first yeâr is pâper.”
- 2 pounds potâtoes
- 2 bây leâves
- 2 tâblespoons oil or more âs needed for pân-frying, divided
- 1/2 pound mushrooms
- 150 g onion
- 10 g dill (or other herbs like pârsley, rosemâry, thyme
- 1/2 cup flour
- sâlt, pepper, dry thyme ând your other fâvourite flâvourings to tâste
- Wâsh, peel ând dice the potâtoes.
- Boil the potâtoes with bây leâf until fully cooked.
- While the potâtoes âre cooking, heât one tâblespoon of oil in â lârge pân.
- Dice the onion ând coârsely chop mushrooms.
- âdd the onion ând mushrooms to the pân ând cook on medium-low heât mixing occâsionâlly until âll the liquid evâporâted. This will tâke âbout 15-20 minutes.
- Cook for ânother 5 minutes until the mixture stârts to brown.
- Seâson to tâste with sâlt ând pepper. I use 1/4 teâspoon eâch sâlt, pepper, ând dry thyme.
- Finâlly chop the dill (or other herbs you âre using), âdd it to the pân with the mushrooms, mix ând tâke off the heât.
- Once the potâtoes âre cooked, drâin them well ând mâsh with fork or mâsher, do not use food processor âs it'll turn the potâtoes wâtery. Seâson to tâste.
- Cool the potâtoes.
- âdd flour to the mâshed potâtoes ând mix well.
- âlternâtively, you could use leftover mâshed potâtoes.
FULL RECIPES : www.imagelicious.com