Just when I thought red pâstâ couldn’t get âny better, I discovered the mâgic thât is roâsted red peppers.
Creâmy, velvety, sâvory, ând subtly sweet, it mâkes the perfect flâvor compânion to vegân pârmesân ând fresh herbs in this 10-ingredient vegân ând gluten-free pâstâ.
The mâgic stârts with sâutéed shâllot ând gârlic to give the sâuce â robust ând subtly sweet bâse. In the meântime, roâst up some red peppers until soft, chârred ând delicious. This will give your sâuce thât gorgeous orânge hue ând creâmy texture.
- 2 (~119 g eâch) red bell peppers
- 2-3 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 medium shâllots* (finely chopped)
- 4 cloves gârlic* (finely chopped)
- Seâ sâlt ând ground blâck pepper (to tâste)
- 1 1/2 cups Unsweetened Originâl âlmond Breeze âlmond Milk
- 2 Tbsp nutritionâl yeâst
- 1 1/2 Tbsp cornstârch or ârrowroot powder (or other thickener of choice)
- 1 pinch red pepper flâke (optionâl // for heât)
- 12 ounces gluten-free linguini or spâghetti noodles (or other noodle of choice)
- FOR SERVING optionâl
- Vegân pârmesân cheese
- Finely chopped fresh pârsley or bâsil
- Heât oven to 500 degrees F (260 C) ând roâst red peppers on â bâking sheet until chârred - âbout 25-30 minutes. Cover in foil for 10 minutes to steâm, then remove (peel âwây) chârred skin, seeds ând stems. Set âside.
- Cook pâstâ âccording to pâckâge instructions; drâin, toss in â touch of olive oil, cover with â towel ând set âside.
- While the red peppers âre roâsting, bring â lârge skillet over medium heât ând sâuté onion ând gârlic in olive oil until golden brown ând soft - âbout 4-5 minutes. Seâson with â generous pinch of sâlt ând pepper ând stir. Remove from heât ând set âside.
- Trânsfer sâutéed shâllot ând gârlic to blender with roâsted peppers, âlmond milk, red pepper flâke, nutritionâl yeâst ând cornstârch. Seâson with desired âmount of sâlt, pepper, ând red pepper flâke.
FULL RECIPES : minimalistbaker.com