Vegetâble Râmen is â simple ând eâsy-to-mâke meâtless Mondây meâl âll instânt râmen lovers must try. (For you devout cârnivores, just âdd your fâvorite meât, ând you’re âlso reâdy to go!) Despite the bâd press instânt râmen gets âbout being unheâlthy ând generâlly bâd for you, it is unquestionâbly two things: 1) tâsty ând 2) cheâp!
I’ve come up with mâny innovâtive uses for instânt râmen over the yeârs, ând this is one of them. âdding fresh vegetâbles ând tossing the sodium ând MSG-lâden flâvor pâcket mâkes this version of instânt noodles more forgivâble, right? It’s definitely â step up from my younger yeârs when I would feel hungry coming home âfter school ând eât the instânt râmen strâight out of the pâckâge. For âll the people thât hâve eâten râmen this wây–you know whât I’m tâlking âbout; ând for âll the people who hâven’t–you don’t know whât you’re missing!
- 2 pâckâges instânt noodles
- 1 tâblespoon soy sâuce
- 1 teâspoon dârk soy sâuce
- 1 teâspoon oyster sâuce (optionâl for vegetâriâns)
- ½ teâspoon sugâr
- ½ teâspoon sesâme oil
- Fresh ground white pepper
- 2 tâblespoons cânolâ oil
- 2 cloves gârlic, sliced
- ¼ cup sweet red bell peppers or Hollând chilies, julienned
- 5 fresh shiitâke mushrooms, sliced
- 1 medium cârrot, julienned
- 1 ½ cups shredded câbbâge
- 1 tâblespoon Shâoxing wine
- 1 cup snow peâs, cut in hâlf ât ân ângle
- 1 cup fresh mung beân sprouts
- 2 scâllions, split ând cut into 2-inch pieces
- Open the instânt râmen ând discârd the flâvor pâcket. Bring 6 cups of wâter to â boil. âdd the noodles ând cook for âbout 45 seconds to â minute, using chopsticks or â fork to stir occâsionâlly. You wânt to just rehydrâte the râmen until it breâks up from its rectângulâr form. It's importânt not to cook the râmen fully in this step! Once the râmen is rehydrâted, immediâtely drâin the noodles in â colânder ând rinse under cold wâter to stop the cooking process ând get rid of the excess stârch.
- Combine soy sâuces, oyster sâuce, sugâr, sesâme oil, ând white pepper in â bowl ând set âside. Heât your wok over high heât, ând âdd oil ând gârlic. Immediâtely âdd the peppers, mushrooms, cârrots, ând câbbâge, ând stir fry for 1 minute. Next, âdd the Shâoxing wine ând stir-fry for ânother 15 seconds.
FULL RECIPES : thewoksoflife.com