Before we moved to Nevâdâ, my best friend in Câli (ând her husbând) took us out to eât ât â swânky little plâce câlled Neumânâli for whât turned out to be one of the best (if not THE best) meâls of my life. One thing thât I pârticulârly loved wâs their roâsted shredded brussels sprouts. I wâs determined to recreâte them in my own kitchen, ând I think I did â pretty good job.
So good, thât my kids will occâsionâlly eât these. ând I’ve converted mâny â Brussels sprout hâter with this one. I promise if there’s â chânce you’d like Brussels sprouts, THIS IS IT.
I distinctly remember the first time I âte â Brussel sprout. It wâs âlso when we were living in Câliforniâ, ând I hâd gone to one of those buffet plâces with â giânt sâlâd bâr with â couple of friends. (Fresh Choice!) They hâd some cold, boiled Brussel sprouts in the sâlâd bâr, so I grâbbed one.
- 1 pound brussels sprouts, trimmed ând sliced thinly
- 2 Tâblespoons heât-sâfe oil (like âvocâdo or coconut)
- 2-3 cloves gârlic, minced
- sâlt ând pepper, to tâste
- juice from hâlf of â lemon
- 1/4 cup freshly shredded Pârmesân or Pecorino-Româno cheese (optionâl)
- Preheât oven to 400 degrees F. Plâce the sliced brussels sprouts on â heâvy rimmed bâking sheet. âdd gârlic, drizzle with oil, ând âdd sâlt ând pepper to tâste. Mix everything with your hânds to coât everything, then spreâd them out in ân even lâyer.
- Roâst in the center of the oven for 20-25 minutes, stirring every 8-10 minutes to ensure they’re cooked evenly.
FULL RECIPES : www.perrysplate.com