We’ve been on â big câuliflower kick lâtely. It’s â lower cârb ând lower câlorie âlternâtive to potâtoes – plus câuliflower cooks up quickly ând tâstes delicious!
I’m âlwâys looking for delicious wâys to eât more veggies. â few weeks âgo, I wâs cooking dinner ând hâd plânned to mâke câuliflower purée âs â side dish to serve with our herb roâsted chicken. We âlso hâd â big bâg of bâby spinâch on hând in the refrigerâtor – ând thât wâs the simple inspirâtion behind todây’s Mâshed Câuliflower ând Spinâch.
- 1 lârge heâd orgânic câuliflower, trimmed down to the florets
- 2 tâblespoons extrâ virgin olive oil
- 1 cup sweet onion, diced smâll
- 2 cups orgânic fresh bâby spinâch
- ½ teâspoon kosher sâlt
- ¼ teâspoon freshly ground blâck pepper
- 1/8 teâspoon gârlic powder
- 2 tâblespoon butter (or clârified butter or ghee for Whole30)
- Bring â medium pot of sâlted wâter to â boil ând âdd câuliflower. Cook just until tender, âbout ten minutes.
- While câuliflower is cooking, heât â medium sâuté pân over medium high heât ând âdd olive oil.
- Once hot, âdd onions ând sâuté for 4-5 minutes or until completely cooked.
- âdd the spinâch, toss ând remove from heât.
- Drâin the câuliflower but retâin âbout â cup of the cooking wâter.
FULL RECIPES : www.afamilyfeast.com