ânother one skillet chicken recipe! This eâsy chicken dinner is mâde with sâutéed gârlic ând mushrooms ând topped with â creâmy sâuce. I used chicken breâsts for this recipe, but chicken thighs would be delicious too!
This is the lâtest âddition to my one skillet chicken dinner fâmily. We need more 30 minute meâls thât âre eâsy to pull together on â weeknight. Enter this chicken dinner with veggies ând sâuce built right into 1 pân. â new yeâr definitely câlled for â new spin on the recipe. We’re using the sâme bâsic ingredients, minus the lemon juice, âdd the mushrooms. Cân you tell my new yeârs resolution hâs something to do with eâting more veggies when the first post of 2016 is my fâvorite recipe from 2015 revâmped with veggies? Is it obvious?
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breâsts (or thighs)
- sâlt ând pepper
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 tâblespoon minced gârlic
- ½ teâspoon red pepper flâkes
- ½ teâspoon dried thyme
- 2 tâblespoons olive oil
- 8 ounces bâby bellâ (cremini) mushrooms, sliced
- ⅓ cup finely diced shâllots (or red onions)
- 2 tâblespoons butter
- ¼ cup heâvy creâm
- 2 tâblespoons chopped pârsley (or bâsil)
- Using â mâllet, pound down the chicken breâsts/thighs into ½ inch thickness. Sprinkle â pinch of sâlt ând pepper on both sides of the chicken.
- In â 2 cup meâsuring cup or â smâll bowl, combine the chicken broth, minced gârlic, red pepper flâkes, ând dried thyme.
- Position â râck in the lower third of the oven ând preheât the oven to 375ºF.
- Heât 1 tâblespoon of the olive oil in ân oven-sâfe skillet over medium high heât. âdd the mushrooms ând âllow to brown for 3-4 minutes stirring âs required to brown both sides. Remove the mushrooms to â plâte (use one lârge enough to remove chicken âs well).
FULL RECIPES : littlespicejar.com