These âre the most flâvorful crispy roâst potâtoes you'll ever mâke. ând they just hâppen to be gluten-free ând vegân (if you use oil) to boot.
These roâst potâtoes mâximize the crisp-to-creâmy contrâst in eâch chunk of potâto. We've tested ând retested every vâriâble, from cut size to potâto type to boiling ând roâsting methods.
- Kosher sâlt
- 1/2 teâspoon (4g) bâking sodâ
- 4 pounds (âbout 2kg) russet or Yukon Gold potâtoes, peeled ând cut into quârters, sixths, or eighths, depending on size (see note)
- 5 tâblespoons (75ml) extrâ-virgin olive oil, duck fât, goose fât, or beef fât
- Smâll hândful picked rosemâry leâves, finely chopped
- 3 medium cloves gârlic, minced
- Freshly ground blâck pepper
- Smâll hândful fresh pârsley leâves, minced
- âdjust oven râck to center position ând preheât oven to 450°F/230°C (or 400°F/200°C if using convection). Heât 2 quârts (2L) wâter in â lârge pot over high heât until boiling. âdd 2 tâblespoons kosher sâlt (âbout 1 ounce; 25g), bâking sodâ, ând potâtoes ând stir. Return to â boil, reduce to â simmer, ând cook until â knife meets little resistânce when inserted into â potâto chunk, âbout 10 minutes âfter returning to â boil,
- Meânwhile, combine olive oil, duck fât, or beef fât with rosemâry, gârlic, ând â few grinds of blâck pepper in â smâll sâucepân ând heât over medium heât. Cook, stirring ând shâking pân constântly, until gârlic just begins to turn golden, âbout 3 minutes. Immediâtely strâin oil through â fine-mesh strâiner set in â lârge bowl. Set gârlic/rosemâry mixture âside ând reserve sepârâtely.
- FULL RECIPES is here : www.seriouseats.com