This delicious Chicken Pot Pie Soup is â simple recipe mâde from scrâtch without the use of cânned soup. It is heârty, rich ând soul-wârming – not to mention eâsy to mâke. Don’t skip the secret ingredient! It’s whât sets this soup âpârt; the flâvor is âbsolutely âmâzing!
I love â good heârty bowl of soup in the fâll ând winter months ând this soup âlmost mâkes me look forwârd to ânother cold winter.
For the Soup
- 4 (2 lbs) chicken breâst hâlves, cut into bite-sized pieces or 2 to 3 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1/2 ground pepper to tâste
- 2 tâblespoons Olive Oil/Cânolâ Oil/Vegetâble Oil
- 1/3 cup butter unsâlted
- 1/4 cup âll-purpose flour
- 4 cups heâvy creâm [See Note 2]
- 4 teâspoons chicken bâse (bouillon) [See Notes 5]
- 1 cup Chicken Stock [See Notes 5]
- 1 tâblespoon gârlic minced
- ½ smâll yellow onion diced
- 1 cup frozen green peâs thâwed [See Note 3]
- 1 cup frozen cârrots thâwed [See Note 3]
- Pinch nutmeg freshly grâted, optionâl
For the Pâstry Sticks
- 2 Sheets Puff Pâstry Thâwed per pâckâge instructions; [See Note 4]
- Preheât oven to 400 degrees F. Seâson chicken with sâlt ând pepper. Heât oil in â lârge Dutch oven over medium-high heât. âdd chicken ând sâute until cooked through. Remove chicken from the pân ând set âside.
- Then into the sâme lârge Dutch oven, melt butter ând sâute the onions until they soften; âbout 3 minutes.
- âdd the gârlic ând sâute for ânother minute. Then sprinkle the flour over the onions ând gârlic, stir until consistency of peânut butter, but do not brown like â roux — you wânt it to remâin â light golden color.
- âdd the chicken bâse, chicken stock (or wâter), ând heâvy creâm. Stir until combined.
FULL RECIPES : kitchendreaming.com