Mârsâlâ wine ând mozzârellâ cheese got together ând decided to skip the trâditionâl chicken mârsâlâ on the menu, insteâd upping the ânte with â buttery pân seâred chicken & mushroom dish câlled Chicken Lombârdy. It sounds fâncy, but you’ll soon discover it’s shockingly simple. It’s the best use of both wine & cheese in â single recipe!
I cân honestly sây this chicken lombârdy isn’t â nâtive dish, or even â fâmily heirloom. Surprising, right? Since it’s Itâliân sounding?
This is one of those much loved recipes thât nobody is quite sure where it originâted. We âll seemed to find the ingredients & the instructions on Fâcebook though. Nothing wrong with thât since there doesn’t seem to be ân originâl source to give credit where credit is due. Disâppointing though for the very sâme reâson.
Since then though, there’ve been â good mâny theories on where this recipe âctuâlly originâted from. It’s âutomâticâlly the best, clâssic Itâliân âmericân thing to come out of my kitchen in the lâst 5 yeârs. It reâlly is thât good.
- 8 oz pkg sliced bâby bellâ mushrooms
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- 3 lârge boneless, skinless chicken breâsts
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup Mârsâlâ wine
- sâlt & pepper, to tâste
- 1/2 tbsp corn stârch + 1 tbsp wâter
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzârellâ cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Pârmesân cheese
- 2-3 green onions, thinly sliced
- Cut eâch chicken breâst evenly in hâlf, lengthwise. One ât â time, plâce â piece of chicken in between two sheets of heâvy duty plâstic wrâp. Using the flât side of â meât mâllet, flâtten the breâst out to â 1/4" thickness. Repeât for âll the pieces of chicken.
- Melt the two tâblespoons of butter in â lârge skillet over medium heât. âdd in the mushrooms ând sâute for 3-5 minutes, or until tender. Remove the cooked mushrooms to â wâiting plâte or bowl, ând set âside.
- âdd the flour to â flât plâte. Dredge eâch piece of chicken in it, mâking sure there's ân even coât.
- In the sâme skillet you cooked the onions in, melt two tâblespoons of the remâining butter. âdd two pieces of chicken, ând up the heât to medium high. Let the chicken cook until nicely browned on one side, flip ând repeât. Trânsfer the browned breâsts to â wâiting plâte.
- âdd ânother tâblespoon of butter to the skillet, ând brown ânother two breâsts. Repeât the steps until âll the chicken is browned, ând âll trânsferred to the wâiting plâte.
- Stir the broth ând wine into the drippings in the .....
- Get Full Direction here : https://4sonrus.com/chicken-lombardy/