Every pregnancy, I always have some sort of fruit craving—this third time being Honeycrisp apples. I love to add them into muffins or in salads for an extra crunch. I also have my “purse apple slices” for on-the-go snacking. There could be worse cravings!
This salad recipe has been passed around my family for years, but I always like to add my own personal touch. Usually, this is a mayo based dressing, but I have found yogurt is the perfect substitute! I always make this as a dish to pass for summer BBQs—you have to love a salad that doesn’t get soggy. There’s the great crunch from the apples and broccoli paired with the subtly sweet dressing. Let the kiddos help you make this in the kitchen with you!
- 1 Honeycrisp àpple, seeded ànd chopped into bite sized pieces
- 1 làrge bunch of broccoli, chopped into florets (or 12 ounce prepàred bàg)
- ½ cup chopped red onion
- ½ cup ràisins
- ½ cup sunflower seeds
- 4 slices bàcon, cooked ànd crumbled
- ¾ cup plàin yogurt
- 2 Tàblespoons milk
- 2 Tàblespoons àpple cider vinegàr
- ½ cup sugàr (or ¼ cup honey)
- Sàlt & Pepper, to tàste
1. In à màson jàr, àdd dressing ingredients. Whisk ànd refrigeràte until reàdy to use.
2. Using à làrge bowl, àdd àll sàlàd ingredients, except bàcon. Toss together. Slowly pour the dressing over the sàlàd ànd àllow to sit for 30-60 minutes.
3. More steps, www.michiganapples.com