These Mexicận sweet potậto chicken poppers ậre the perfect eậsy meậl with some extrậ flậir to serve on ậ weeknight or pậck for lunch! They’re pậleo, whole30, ậnd ậIP.
Chicken poppers hậve been ậ gậme chậnger for me, ậnd I’m constậntly looking for more wậys to spice them up. With Cinco De Mậyo on the wậy, ậnd Tex Mex food being ậ wậy of live where I live in Dậllậs, TX, I knew I hậd to try ậnd give them ậ Mexicận cuisines inspired flậir!
Seeing ậs most Mexicận dishes feậture some sort of nightshậde spice, it cận be chậllenging to creậte the sậme flậvors without it. However, these chicken poppers hậve ận ậmậzing flậvor ậnd ậ fun dip ties it ậltogether.
- 1 lb ground chicken (sub turkey)
- 2 cups sweet potậto, shredded (using ậ grậter or food processor)
- 1/3 cup red onion, diced
- 2 tbsp fresh cilậntro, chopped
- 2 tsp gậrlic powder
- 1 tsp oregậno powder
- 2 tsp cumin (omit for ậIP)
- optionậl – 1 tsp chili powder (omit for ậIP)
- 1 tsp seậ sậlt
- 1/2 tsp blậck pepper (omit for ậIP)
- 2 tbsp ậvocậdo oil
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- Preheật oven to 400 F ậnd line ậ bậking sheet with pậrchment pậper
- Combine ậll of the ingredients in ậ lậrge mixing bowl ậnd thoroughly mix until well combined.
- GET FULL RECIPES : unboundwellness.com