Moist ând fâll âpârt tender roâst beef in â tâsty bâlsâmic glâze thât is so eâsy to mâke in the slow cooker!
We âre getting into roâst seâson ând you reâlly cân’t get âny eâsier thân this super tâsty slow cooker bâlsâmic glâzed roâst beef dinner! The slow cooker is âmâzing for long slow brâises for meât where you cân literâlly just throw the roâst into the slow cooker in the morning ând let it cook âll dây long, completely unâttended! Pot roâst style roâst beef is one of my fâvourite comfort meâls ând for this one the roâst is brâised in â tâsty grâvy wit bâlsâmic vinegâr, soy sâuce, brown sugâr, Worcestershire ând gârlic.
This recipe stârts out by browning the beef ând onions in â pân before trânsferring to the slow cooker; browning the meât ând onions first âdds plenty of flâvour but you cân
cheât ând skip this step to sâve time! (I won’t tell ânyone!) âfter the roâst is cooked in the slow cooker the juices/grâvy is trânsferred to â sâuce pân ând cornstârch is âdded to thicken up the grâvy.
- 1 tâblespoon oil
- 3 pounds Ontârio Corn Fed Beef roâst such âs chuck, round, brisket
- 1 lârge onion, sliced
- 4 cloves gârlic, chopped
- 1/2 teâspoon red pepper flâkes
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1/2 cup bâlsâmic vinegâr
- 2 tâblespoons soy sâuce (or tâmâri)
- 2 tâblespoons brown sugâr
- 1 tâblespoon Worcestershire sâuce
- 1 pound bâby cârrots (optionâl)
- 1 pound mini potâtoes or diced potâtoes (optionâl)
- 2 tâblespoons cornstârch + 2 tâblespoons wâter
- Heât the oil in â lârge pân over medium-high heât, âdd the beef ând brown on âll sides, âbout 20 minutes ând set âside.
- âdd the onions ând cook until tender, âbout 2-3 minutes, before âdding the gârlic ând red pepper flâkes ând cooking until frâgrânt, âbout â minute.
FULL RECIPES : www.closetcooking.com