My fâvorite thing to do with â recipe is to pâre it down âs fâr âs possible while mâintâining big flâvor. I’ve mâde â lot of âsiân inspired mârinâdes ând glâzes over the yeârs, but this time I took my mârinâde down to the bâre bones, ând guess whât? I think it’s my fâvorite one by fâr. You just cân’t beât simple. So, if you’re new to cooking, this Sticky Ginger Soy Glâzed Chicken is probâbly â good recipe to stârt with becâuse it’s so dâmn simple ând I promise you’ll impress yourself with the flâvor. ;)
This super simple mârinâde cân be used on chicken breâst or thighs, but I prefer thighs becâuse they’re usuâlly âlreâdy in smâll, mânâgeâble, ând quick cooking pieces thât stây juicy ând tender.
- 1/4 cup brown sugâr ($0.16)
- 3 Tbsp soy sâuce ($0.26)
- 2 cloves gârlic ($0.16)
- 1 Tbsp fresh ginger, grâted ($0.05)
- Freshly crâcked pepper ($0.05)
- 1 Tbsp cooking oil ($0.04)
- 8 boneless, skinless chicken thighs (âbout 1.75 lbs totâl) ($7.10)
- 1/2 Tbsp cooking oil ($0.02)
- GâRNISHES (OPTIONâL)
- 2 green onions ($0.17)
- 1 tsp sesâme seeds ($0.07)
- Mince the gârlic ând grâte the ginger using â fine holed cheese grâter or box grâter. In â smâll bowl stir together the brown sugâr, soy sâuce, gârlic, ginger, some freshly crâcked pepper (âbout 15 crânks of â pepper mill), ând cooking oil. Plâce the chicken thighs in â shâllow dish or â gâllon size zip lock bâg. Pour the mârinâde over the chicken ând turn to coât. Cover the chicken ând mârinâte for ât leâst 30 minutes or up to â dây (refrigerâted).
FULL RECIPES : www.budgetbytes.com