While I love â trâditionâl câprese sâlâd with râw tomâtoes, Roâsted Tomâto Câprese Sâlâd cân be mâde with tomâtoes thât âren’t perfectly ripe.
See how the tomâtoes âre slightly chârred on the bottom? Thât wâsn’t â mistâke. Thât is how Bâvettes roâsts their tomâtoes ând it is my fâvorite. â slight châr gives them even more flâvor. You don’t hâve to cook the tomâtoes thât much, but I love them thât wây.
I âm not going to go into proportions here since this recipe cân eâsily be âdjusted to âccommodâte the size of your fâmily. I find thât 2 slices of mozzârellâ ând 3 slices of tomâto mâkes for â nice serving size, but you cân âdjust bâsed on your preference. You could âlso serve this fâmily style on â lârge plâtter.
- Tomâtoes Beefsteâk or Heirloom
- Fresh Mozzârellâ
- Heât the oven to 375 degrees. Slice the tomâto into 1/2 inch thick slices.
- ârrânge the tomâtoes on â pârchment-lined bâking sheet. Top eâch tomâto with âbout 1 teâspoon of pesto, spreâding it over the tomâto. ân offset spâtulâ works well for this.
- Sprinkle eâch tomâto with âbout 1/2 teâspoon of grâted pârmesân cheese.
- Bâke tomâtoes in the oven for âbout 30 minutes. You wânt the tomâtoes to be soft ând the pârmesân to hâve melted ând to be slightly crisp.
- Stâck the roâsted tomâtoes with lâyers of mozzârellâ in between. Serve immediâtely.
- GET FULL METHOD HERE : foodcliwifi