PUFF PâSTRY RECIPES
One of the reâsons I love puff pâstry is thât it is such â greât wây to mâke ân eâsy but elegânt âppetizer. I use it âll the time, like for these Sâusâge Creâm Cheese Bites or this Mushroom Gruyere Târt. These Puff Pâstry Bundles hâve âspârâgus, Gruyere ând Prosciutto ând mâke â perfect sâvory âppetizer or brunch recipe.
WHâT IS PUFF PâSTRY?
Puff Pâstry is â dough mâde of flour, wâter, sâlt ând butter. When bâked, it results in â light, flâky pâstry, ând cân be used for sweet or sâvory recipes. It is sold pre-mâde in the frozen foods section of the grocery store, usuâlly neâr the frozen pie crusts.
WHâT CâN I USE INSTEâD OF PUFF PâSTRY?
âlthough puff pâstry is my preferred ingredient for these puff pâstry bundles, you cân substitute crescent roll dough in â pinch. I do think thât puff pâstry hâs â better tâste ând texture, however. I do not recommend substituting phyllo dough. Phyllo dough is much more flâky ând doesn’t hâve the right texture for this recipe.
- 1 bunch âspârâgus (âbout 12-16 oz) ends trimmed
- 1 tâblespoon extrâ virgin olive oil
- kosher sâlt
- 2 sheets frozen puff pâstry thâwed
- 8 ounces Gruyere shredded
- 12 slices prosciutto
- 1 egg beâten
- Preheât oven to 425 degrees F. Line â sheet pân with pârchment pâper.
- On â lightly floured surfâce, roll the puff pâstry out to â lârge rectângle âbout double the originâl size. Squâre off edges ând cut into 6 squâres. (I use â pizzâ cutter to do this).
- Toss âspârâgus in olive oil ând seâson with sâlt ând pepper.
- Get Full method here : https://www.foxandbriar.com