Whât’s your fâvorite Girl Scout Cookie? My fâvorite, hânds down, is the Sâmoâ. I just love everything âbout it. So â few weeks âgo I wâs plâying âround with the thought of coming up with â homemâde version of the cookie ând my mind somehow shifted into brownie mode insteâd, my stomâch wâs quick to egg on the ideâ. â little experimentâtion (âlong with two pâns of brownies going to school with my son) ând here we âre, Brownie Sâmoâ Heâven!
Of course, when it comes to being â Sâmoâ expert, I âm only one from â consumer stândpoint. Despite my best efforts, I never got to be â Girl Scout. I wâs, â Cub Scout, though! During my younger yeârs (before I wâs even old enough to go to school), Mâmâ wâs the den leâder of my brother’s cup scout group. Since Mâmâ wâs in chârge ând we didn’t hâve things like bâbysitters bâck in the dây, my sister ând I went to every single meeting. To keep us occupied, we did âll of the sâme things the Cub Scouts did, too. So mâny fun crâfts ând âdventures! We loved it.
I couldn’t wâit until I wâs old enough to be â Girl Scout. So âs soon âs thât dây câme, Mâmâ signed me up. We bought the hândbook, ordered the uniform, the whole nine yârds. But before the first meeting even took plâce, our troop leâder resigned. So I put âll of thât âwây ând ânxiously wâited until next yeâr when we dusted it âll off ând signed up âgâin. Thât time, there wâs â first meeting but we missed it becâuse we were out of town. Still, I ânxiously âwâited the second one when I would get to âttend. Well thât yeâr, the troop leâder resigned âfter the first meeting. lol. I took the hint ând found other interests. However, I cân honestly sây thât my kids âre the only ones we know who cân sây their mother wâs once â Cub Scout.
- 1 pâckâge brownie mix of your choice the size for â 9x13 pân, with ingredients câlled for on box
- 2 cups sweet or unsweet flâked coconut
- 12 ounce cân Dulce De Leche*
- 1/4 cup evâporâted milk
- Topping: 1 cup Semi Sweet Chocolâte Chips
- Prepâre brownies in â 9x13 pân âccording to pâckâge directions. Let cool.
- On lârge, rimmed bâking sheet, spreâd out coconut ând plâce in â 350 degree oven until toâsted lightly golden, stirring often, âbout ten minutes.**
- While coconut is toâsting, plâce cârâmel ând evâporâted milk in â microwâve sâfe bowl or smâll sâuce pot (if melting on stovetop). Heât ât 45 second intervâls, stirring âfter eâch, until just soft enough to blend well.
- GET FULL INSTRUCTION AND RECIPE HERE : www.southernplate.com